With over 30 years’ experience in the nonwovens industry, Don & Low have established themselves as a leading manufacturer for an extensive range of high performance nonwoven fabrics and composites - made to national and international standards.
Using equipment developed by Reifenhauser, one of the forefront manufacturers of spunbond line technology, we utilise multiple Reicofil lines to covert polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) into a wide range of spunbond and laminated products – including high tensile strength, isotropic and bicomponent nonwovens. Our product and technology profile is optimised further with the ability to produce both polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) via our Oerlikon Neumag meltblown production line.
The purpose-built manufacturing facility incorporates a combination of highly experienced teams from Manufacturing, Engineering to Logistics and Development. Our Nonwovens facility operates on a 24 hour, seven days a week basis, where specific customer order specifications can be met through the use of a number of secondary value adding processes available such as: lamination, ultrasonic bonding, roll size changing and printing.
- The entire nonwovens factory operates to BSI EN ISO 9001:2015
- Quality management systems and testing of the finished products is carried out in accordance with EDANA test methods and approved global standards.
- Secondary processes include: lamination, ultrasonic bonding, roll size changing, printing and recycling
- Bespoke printing & colour availability
- Meltblown nonwovens can cater to applications such as acoustic installation, oil sorbents, medical wound dressings, apparel and air filtration
- Nonwovens plant runs 24hrs a day, 7 days a week
Environmental and sustainability focus is maintained by intelligent recycling in process and post process by purpose built recovery and conversion systems.
We are committed to providing continuous training and development for our staff with health and safety being at the heart of everything we do. Our dedicated Quality Assurance Team maintains continuous testing, reinforcing our dedication of all stringent testing requirements governed by a framework recognised to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 standards. This further attests our verification standards in accordance with EDANA test methods and a number of accredited bodies, such as BBA and Trada, amongst others.
Features & Benefits
At Don & Low, we are dedicated to delivering outstanding service, not only through the products manufactured but also via impeccable customer experience. With the ability to provide at both a major multinational level and a local level supply base alike, we are able to deliver a personalised and flexible service.
Strategic upgrades are constantly undertaken where required, to ensure that the Forfar manufacturing plant remains at the forefront of technology, enabling production of our high-quality products consistently manufactured to agreed specifications.
Our Meltblown nonwoven fabrics are produced using the most up-to-date manufacturing processes available and can be tailored to suit a wide range of requirements:
- Weights from 13 to 300 gsm (PP) and 30 to 200 gsm (TPU)
- Widths up to 160cm
- Various colour availability
- Enhanced UV stability and hydrophobicity
- Electrostatic charging of filaments
- Creates enhanced sub-micron particle filtration
- In-line measurement and control of air permeability
- In-line thermal flat calendaring